Niall Delargy from Glenballyeamon eggs visits us each week with a delivery of his award-winning free-range eggs. Our brunch menu has many egg dishes, and some of our deserts also require the very best free-range eggs. Glenballyeamon is an award-winning producer located in one of the famous nine Glens of Antrim. It’s this stunning valley along the North Coast that these happy hens hang out.
Creme brulee and tiramisu are very popular on our Petit’s fours menu. We have shared our creme brulee recipe in a previous blog, but you must try this tiramisu recipe using Dissarano and Tia Maria!
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 6 large free-range eggs, separated
- 200g/7oz caster sugar
- 250g/9oz mascarpone
- 250ml/9fl oz double cream
- 250ml/9fl oz espresso coffee
- 50ml Tia Maria
- 80ml Dissarono
- 30-40 sponge finger biscuits
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together with an electric whisk until pale and creamy. Mix the mascarpone into the egg mixture until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip the double cream until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed. With a metal spoon, fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone, egg and sugar mixture.
- In another very clean bowl, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed. Fold lightly into the mascarpone, cream and egg mixture.
- Spoon a third of the mascarpone, egg and cream mixture into a large dish or individual ramekins.
- Mix the espresso, Tia Maria & Dissarono together in a shallow bowl. Dip half of the biscuits into the boozy coffee mixture, then lay them on top of the mascarpone and cream mixture in the dish. (Repeat the soaking and layering individually as you go or the biscuits will become too soggy to handle.)
- Spoon over the next third of the mascarpone and cream mixture, followed by another layer of biscuits. Spoon over the final layer of mascarpone and cream. Cover and chill in the fridge for 12 hours.
- Dust with cocoa powder before serving.
Look back over our blog for more Glenballyeamon egg-based recipes, such as our Creme Brulee https://frenchroomsflavours.com/2020/04/16/date-night-by-french-rooms-flavours/.