What has been described as an emerging cooking tool, I was lucky enough to receive a Himalayan Salt plate for Christmas and have been experimenting during lockdown with a number of dishes. Next Fridays blog is a three course menu using my now beloved salt plate but fear not the recipes can be cooked with conventional pans and trays as well.
Marinated Beef Tomato & Mozzarella
- 4 Beef tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 cm fresh ginger (crushed)
- 3 tablespoons Broighter Gold Rosemary & Garlic oil
- Fresh Rosemary
- 1 whole Mozzarella
- NorthCoast smokehouse salt and pepper.
Grilled Whole Seabream
- 2 whole Sea Bream (gutted)
- 2 teaspoons mixed peppercorns
- juice of whole lemon
- 4 shallots sliced
- chopped fresh fennel
- a large dollop Broighter Gold oil
- Serving suggestion – rice and salad.
Ameretto infused Grilled bananas, served with the French Rooms Toffee Sauce & Morelli’s ice cream.
- 2 bananas
- Morellis ice cream (I’ve chosen honeycomb)
- a generous drop of Amaretto
- 50g unsalted butter
- 100 g light brown sugar
- 125 g golden syrup
- 125 ml double cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Join us on Friday 15th May 2020 for full recipes and tips. We would love to hear about your kitchen gadgets that you have rediscovered during lockdown, tell us what you have been embracing…..